Sh@y's Proverbs

-To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the GREATEST accomplishment... Ralph Waldo Emmerson

-If at first you don't succeed, try not to act surprised...

-Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out!

-You can't fix stupid! Period.

-Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together!

-Attitude is a small thing, but makes a BIG difference!

-Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back.

-Don't play games with a girl who can play BETTER:)

-The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think

-The BEST thing about chasing your dreams is... You can have as many as you want, and they can change anytime. Life is ALWAYS going to be full of surprises! In order to WIN the race, you've got to actually be IN the race!

-Our inside jokes, too many to name. When we're apart, it's never the same. When we're together it's nothing but fun. Replacing my girls, just can't be done.

-If she is amazing, she wont be easy. If she is easy, she wont be amazing. If she is worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you are not worth it!! Period.

-DON'T LIVE BENEATH YOUR PRIVILEDGES!!!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Just Living on the Edge!!

I just got in from my 30 minute walk!! I had my 1 MONTH doctors appointment last Thursday! I am happy to report that my bone is healing well! The only concern at the beginning was the worry that my compressed vertebrae would continue to compress and squish out! Luckily it has not! It is healing the RIGHT way! We found out that I'll be golden after 12 weeks aka. 3 months! I am 1/3 of the way there! ONLY 2 months to go!! WOO WOO!! ALSO I was told to start taking 30 minute walks EVERYDAY and slowly work my way up to more and more time!
That being said, I must inform you that, that simple 30 minutes is an incredibly intense slow gander around the neighborhood! I can't help but laugh at how my body has gone from the capability of working out for 2 hours straight to BARELY being able to walk... let's be more realistic... "saunter" for 30 minutes straight!
Gotta love life! :)
Everyone will constantly ask, "What are you up to?" hmm... let's see, I broke my back... I can barely walk... I AM TRAINING FOR MY FIRST MARATHON!!! bahahaha BAZZINGA!! That's been my go-to response for the past month! The funny thing is, it's almost like I am training for a marathon! I am just starting from the very, VERY basics... like: walking, strides, back posture, and form! I know what you're thinking... "Dang! Shay's crazy, just living her life on the edge!" I know, I know so cool! In reality, I am a professional "chiller"! I am and expert at hanging out and chilling with whomever cares to join! Oooo... and a FANTASTIC tag-alonger!
That's me, Shay Harvey, taking life at a turtle pace in this awesome turtle like shell of a brace I have to wear! Living my life at half the speed of smell! Slow and steady right?!?

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Shay! :D You ARE training for a marathon, the marathon of recovery. Recovery takes time, as I know very well. I hope everything continues to recover right and that you can get back up to 2 hours of straight walking soon. And then really run that marathon someday and show us all up. ;)

    ReplyDelete