Sh@y's Proverbs

-To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the GREATEST accomplishment... Ralph Waldo Emmerson

-If at first you don't succeed, try not to act surprised...

-Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out!

-You can't fix stupid! Period.

-Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together!

-Attitude is a small thing, but makes a BIG difference!

-Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back.

-Don't play games with a girl who can play BETTER:)

-The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think

-The BEST thing about chasing your dreams is... You can have as many as you want, and they can change anytime. Life is ALWAYS going to be full of surprises! In order to WIN the race, you've got to actually be IN the race!

-Our inside jokes, too many to name. When we're apart, it's never the same. When we're together it's nothing but fun. Replacing my girls, just can't be done.

-If she is amazing, she wont be easy. If she is easy, she wont be amazing. If she is worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you are not worth it!! Period.

-DON'T LIVE BENEATH YOUR PRIVILEDGES!!!

Monday, January 9, 2012

2012.... it's not the END! It's just BEGINNING!

Well my friends 2011 has come and has gone! I'm going to try and do one of those "reflect over the year" kind of posts, but I have a hard time dwelling on the past, because it's just that, THE PAST! Nevertheless I think it will be fun to see what was going on in my life month by month last year! So without further ado, here you go! 2011 from the eyes of SHAY:)
JANUARY:
-I was just starting my last semester at Dixie State with a heavy load of ONE class! Small group Communications to be exact! Let's just say I can see why athletes with scholarships take comm classes!
-AND I just started serving at the Lobster! Can you say PROMOTION!!
FEBRUARY:
-Oh yes "Singles Awareness Month" hahaha I actually don't really mind Valentines! I get presents and I love seeing all the creative things that couples come up with for each other! PLUS V-day at the Lobster is a BANKING$$ day ;)
MARCH:
-The best thing that happened in March was my trip to Southern California for Spring Break! It was hands down one of the most fun, most relaxing, and chill trip I've EVER been on! Lots of swimming, wakeboarding, shopping, eating, and outdoor greatness! TIP: Go to California with someone who is from there! That way you don't have to drive and someone always knows where you're going! Oh and I didn't have a camera at the time, so I have no pictures:/ just take my word that it was beautiful there and stupid fun:)
-Oh and my best friend Jules Braten got engaged to her best friend in March:)
APRIL:
-School was wrapping up! I apply for graduation for the Centennial year at DSC! Come to find out that I didn't need to even take that comm class, I had, had enough credits anyways and was ALREADY awarded with my Associates of Science Degree as of December 2010! Still, I was going to participate in the Commencement Ceremony for Graduation in May!
-A lot of wedding planning was underway for Ju-Ju's BIG DAY!!
-I move into APT#9 with these lovely ladies and we start many, MANY fun adventures!
MAY:
-I, Shay Harvey receive my Associates Degree from Dixie State College! First EVER member in my family to get a degree from college:)
-Julia and Benton get MARRIED on May 27th 2011!
JUNE:
-Summer starts and we ALL know how much I love the lake, the sun, the warmth, the watermelon, the long days, and did I mention the lake!?
-Also took a mini vacay up to Provo area to support my roomie Sarah Ann Roseman in her first MARATHON! We celebrated this great accomplishment by going out to Texas Roadhouse for some meat:)
JULY:
-LAKE, lake, lake, lake, lake, wakeboarding, lake, lake, lake, SUN, lake, lake, friends, lake, lake, lake, FUN, lake, lake, lake, LAKE!!!
AUGUST:
-I take a trip to the "Colorful State of Colorado" to see Geneva-Sacaguea! (future cousin-in-law) at that time! I was her bridesmaid and she was having her bridal shower! Plus she lived with my family so I got to hang out with them too! It was a way fun trip!
-And since I wasn't going to school for fall semester, SUMMER continued for me bahahahahah:) I luff Jana-Banana!!
SEPTEMBER:
-Was still so warm you can't really call it "fall" but we had a Washington YSA Ward Camp-out!!! And let's just say I love camping!! It was such a blast! One of my best friends T-had aka Thad came and together with Jessica we found A POND!! With... a ROPE SWING!!! Yeah baby!! Let's just say it provided hours of entertainment!
OCTOBER:
-Came and went so fast I can't really remember what went on that month!! But I did find a picture from one of my adventures!! The Fort Peirce Massacre haha a story concocted by Amanda and D. Legg for Thad, Thad's bro Bryce, and I! We ate it up, but figured out it was false! Still, the fort was pretty neat! "isn't that neat? Neature" (hahaha inside joke for Amanda!)
Quist #1: Thad, Me(Harvey#1), Quist #2 (technically 3, but 2 cause there's only 2 in this photo) Bryce!
NOVEMBER:
-Mean FOOD!!! Lot's of it!! Thanksgiving!! And fun times with the family!! We always go over to my Aunt Valerie's house, where I kill everyone at pool:)
DECEMBER:
-I may be slightly biased but I think December is the BEST month out of the whole year!! Mostly because my birthday lands in the middle of this month ;) I had a super fun birthday the big 22 (double deuce) I went to dinner with, Beth, Tiera(roomie), Sarah (roomie), Nikki, Caleb (married to nikki, both REALLY good friends), and T-had! We went to Outback for My first time! It was pretty dang tasty! Also had excellent service there (shout out to MikeLangstino:) After I partied it up with my Red Lobster family at Applebee's! Let's just say I have the best friends in the whole world!
-On the 30th I had 2 cousins get married! My family is extremely close to both of these families! I'd say they're the ones we stay the closest with on each side of my parents family!!
-Andy and Geneva Harvey (from dad's side) were married in the Denver Colorado Temple! Line dancing commenced at the D-Barn later that night, it was super fun!
-Trenton and Sarah Housley (from mom's side) were married in the Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple! Cheesecake, and mountains of pasta were gorged on later the next week on the 7th of January here in Southern Utah! BOTH couples will be living in Cedar City! And I am super proud of all of them and excited to add Geneva and Sarah to my amazing family!
2011:
-All in all I had a fantastic year! I was surrounded by great people, and made a TON of fun memories that will last a lifetime! Thank you to everyone who is apart of my life! You will NEVER know how much each one of you has affected my life! I am the person I am today because of every single one of you! You know the saying; you can tell a who a person really is by looking at their friends/family? (something to that effect) WELL, I can just say I am truly blessed and love every one who is in mine! Let's make it ANOTHER great year! Actually, let's make it a new year, A BETTER YEAR!
Cheers everyone:)
2012 it's not the END!! Psh, it's just the BEGINNING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment