Sh@y's Proverbs

-To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the GREATEST accomplishment... Ralph Waldo Emmerson

-If at first you don't succeed, try not to act surprised...

-Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out!

-You can't fix stupid! Period.

-Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together!

-Attitude is a small thing, but makes a BIG difference!

-Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back.

-Don't play games with a girl who can play BETTER:)

-The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think

-The BEST thing about chasing your dreams is... You can have as many as you want, and they can change anytime. Life is ALWAYS going to be full of surprises! In order to WIN the race, you've got to actually be IN the race!

-Our inside jokes, too many to name. When we're apart, it's never the same. When we're together it's nothing but fun. Replacing my girls, just can't be done.

-If she is amazing, she wont be easy. If she is easy, she wont be amazing. If she is worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you are not worth it!! Period.

-DON'T LIVE BENEATH YOUR PRIVILEDGES!!!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

...go on and brush your shoulders off!!

WHAT UP people?!! I have exciting news!!!! Drum roll please....... (insert drum roll here).... I (Shay Harvey) am no longer the Relief Society President for the Washington YSA Ward!!!!! I know what you were thinking, "that's not exactly what I was expecting." ME NEITHER!!! I thought I'd be in this calling forever!! But alas it's been a year and it's time for another gal to step up to the plate! AND can I just say, "WHEW!!" That calling is such a humbling overload. I will say this though, I truly loved every single moment of serving in that calling! I got to know and love every single one of those girls in my ward, and I may be biased but I think they are all so amazing, unique, different, AND beautiful inside and out! My wish is that the new Pres. grows to love them as much I do! I know that she'll do an amazing job and know that she is the one the Lord wants in at this time! TAKE LUCK my dear:)
Well "er"body my cousin Trenton is officially engaged and I am so STOKED for him!! Little background information about him. He is my mom's, sister's, son. In fact he's the cousin I've probably the closest with! We grew up together and he's pretty much like my big brother even though we're only 7 months apart! I remember we did everything together when we were young. Like play Power Rangers, he was the red power ranger and I was the pink power ranger! Needless to say we pretty much rampaged through the streets of Hurricane protecting the innocents from foreign villains looking to take over the world with our amazing Jackie Chan like skills! Anyways the point I was originally getting at is that I LOVE his fiance! I definitely approve! She is from Mississippi (where Trent served his mission) and she has a gnarly accent! She is the cutest southern belle I did ever see! I wish nothing but the best for those two!!
LIFE is amazing and I don't really have any complaints! I have an amazing family, fantastic friends, and nothing but great people all around me! At the end of the day whether it was good or bad, I am happy and am truly blessed!!
P.S. Today I was told by my Uncle that I have 7 months to get dating and married off.... no pressure right?!... and that's about all I have to say about that!
ROPE SWING + POND + NOT THROWING IN A ROCK = this pic

No comments:

Post a Comment