Sh@y's Proverbs

-To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the GREATEST accomplishment... Ralph Waldo Emmerson

-If at first you don't succeed, try not to act surprised...

-Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out!

-You can't fix stupid! Period.

-Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together!

-Attitude is a small thing, but makes a BIG difference!

-Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back.

-Don't play games with a girl who can play BETTER:)

-The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think

-The BEST thing about chasing your dreams is... You can have as many as you want, and they can change anytime. Life is ALWAYS going to be full of surprises! In order to WIN the race, you've got to actually be IN the race!

-Our inside jokes, too many to name. When we're apart, it's never the same. When we're together it's nothing but fun. Replacing my girls, just can't be done.

-If she is amazing, she wont be easy. If she is easy, she wont be amazing. If she is worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you are not worth it!! Period.

-DON'T LIVE BENEATH YOUR PRIVILEDGES!!!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Nights Everybody are you with ME?!! :)



What do I love more than summer sun?!? SUMMER ACTIVITIES duh!!! Well this post is a tribute to summer! Summer 2010 to be exact!! We are approaching August and that means school, BOO!! But I'm excited at the same time cause I am inches away from getting my associates! I don't want it all to end quite yet, because I have been having a freakin blast this summer and I wanted to share with you guys some of the various activities that I have done this summer.

As a college student I have found many, many, MANY ways to have fun while staying cheap or in even better cases FREE!! That's right free.99!! Me and my ladies made a Summer 2010 "Bucket List" while I don't remember everything from that list, I'll try my best at remembering everything.

1- Massive Slip-n-slide... super fun and we did one last year. We got the idea from a Smirnoff commercial ha ha... But alas no alcohol was involved in our slip-n-slide just huge tarps, a hill, soap, and friends. Total costs... $8.00 each for three 80"x 25' plastic tarps, $1.00 for soap, $0.00 for the hill.

2-NCMO... for those of you who do not know what this is, it is a, Non-Commitment Make Out... I will be honest I had never heard of this abbreviation until my freshman year of college! Naiveness aside, this activity is way fun depending on the person you're making out with. Keep it PG people. Total costs... $0.00, might cost you, your dignity if you are the kiss and tell type perosn.

3-Sleep out on the tramp... as the picture depicts here, we are sleeping out on my trampoline at my parents house in Hurricane! This task is best executed in late summer as to not freeze your acetabulem (butt) off (learned from multiple bad experiences). Total costs... $0.00 for those who already have a trampoline, $1.06 for a drink from Maverick (optional), $2.22 for 2 bags of candy (also optional.

4-Sneak onto a golf course and sleep on it... this one has yet to be executed. Total cost... $0.00 if you're not caught or the cop is being nice.

5-Dare NIGHT!!.. We did this the other night actually. What you do is get a group of people and split them into groups of 2. Each group comes up with dares and then we exchange them. The team to get their dares done first wins! It's thee most fun thing you can do with a group of people. Some of the dares included kissing 5 random strangers. Wash your hair in the fountain on campus at school. Run frantically through Denny's screaming FIRE!! Pretty much anything that is ridiculous or completely out of the ordinary is the object of all the dares... feel free to use this idea that my friend Chantel came up with. I guarantee endless laughs, and embarrassment, but all worth the memories!! Total costs... $5.00 max for gas driving around to various places, $0.00 for your dignity.

6-Lake Day... While we execute this often, we still found it a must to put on the list. One example is the other day we went to the lake and jet skied. ABSOLUTELY MY NEW FAVE!! I was a bit grandma-ish starting off but with one round of being "broken in" by my roommate Kristin on the jet ski, I got the idea and now I'm crazy on it!! After 5 or 6 hours at the lake we headed to the river to try our hand at skim boarding... this is also way fun!! Then after we returned to my house for a BBQ... All in all an amazingly priceless summers day!!! Total costs... $20.00 for gas, $11.00 for hamburger, buns, lettuce, tomatoes, and an onion for the BBQ.

7- CALIFORNIA... I have yet to get there but I'll work something out... don't ya'll worry!! Total costs... $75.00 for gas (price based off my cars gas mileage), $50.00 for food, $0.00 for lodging because you have relatives down there.

8-Camping... still hasn't been crossed off!! I am so stoked to do this one! I freakin love camping, just something about it... roughing it outdoors that makes it fun. Everyone looks and smells like crap but yet we are all still having fun! Total costs... $5.00 for s'more essentials, $1.06 for drink from Maverick, $1.96 for a bag of Starbursts (so tasty when roasted) $0.00 for camping supplies because you jack your families stuff.

9- BONFIRE... while we usually leave this one up the expert also known as Caleb Capel aka Dirty... he recently got married and has yet to have one so we took matters into our own hands. We had one ceremonial fire, where we burned books from the last semester along with a tampered rocking chair. We had another were we burned a massive stack of phone books... that fire was pretty fun actually... we had a good turn out at that fire! Fun times were had by all!!! Total costs... $0.00, already have things to burn and already have matches, $1.06 for a drink from Maverick.

10- Skinny Dipping... this is a classic past time of all!! Yes I've done it a few times... The thrill of getting caught is the best part of it!! Total costs... $0.00 this one is totally FREE!

11-Caving... In the St. George area there is this cave out in the Snow Canyon State Park that is commonly used for glow stick caving. The idea is to take a group of people, some glow sticks and go into the cave. Once in the cave you break the glow sticks, splatter them on yourself and the cave then play hide-n-seek... it's so cool to shut your eyes, have everyone hide, and then open them and you see no one and it feels like you are in the cave all by yourself!! SO FUN!! Total costs... $7.00 for glow sticks, $0.86 for a pack of gum.

12-Pool Hop... Being the offspring of my dad, I feel the necessary competitive nature to out do my dad. My dad also went to Dixie State and one of the things he did was pool hopped down the boulevard and hit every single hotel on that street. The goal is to just get in each pool. I have yet to do this... BUT in my defense we pool hop at "rapist inn" every time we wanna go hot tubbing. Total costs... $0.00 as long as you don't get caught and fined.

13-Soap the fountain at DSC... this is another attempt to out do my dad!! Total costs... $1.00 for soap from DollarTree.

All these things and more can be done on a little, or no budget! Remember I am NOT responsible if you get caught and/or fined for attempting some of these activities. The best part of all these activities is the lasting memories you'll accumulate. Even if you get caught the fun you had while doing it will always be worth it. Check list is as follows: spontaneousness-check, willingness-check, excitement/thrill factor- double check, Living up a warm/fun summers day with friends-PRICELESS!!!

My biggest goal in life is to simply... LIVE LIFE!!! I wanna experience things, do things, and try things that I've never done before! When I am 80 years old and I am looking back on my life, I wanna be able to say, "yeah I did that!" I wanna laugh and smile at EVERY single memory in my life... the good, the bad, the embarrassing, the depressing, the sporadic, and even the scary memories of my life. I want to have a full life, an experienced life. Cause life wasn't meant to be endured, it was meant to be ENJOYED!! So here's to Summer 2010 and to all the summers to come!!

2 comments:

  1. you just have to click on my name...:) but I'll tell you anyway...

    paulettespoint.blogspot.com

    Liz has one too....lizinlizards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shay I didn't know you had a blog! Yay I love blogging :) Mind if I stalk ya? my blog is chelsiehall.blogspot.com you can stalk me too!

    ReplyDelete